Shh!

This post lets the secret out--I'm not a cat person, not a dog person. I'm a rabbit person. I wrote this post a while ago, and at this point, Eirene has a wonderful home with some loving boys. But it was an apt reminder for today. 

“Shh! Shh!”
Eirene, my rabbit, tucked safe in my arms.
At first, struggle, squirm, fidget, squeeze, almost out of my arms.
“Shh! Just hold still; I’ve got you. I’m holding you.”
Calm. 

Spirit whispers, “Shh! Be still. The Father has you, the Father is holding you.” The unexpected, disappointments, suddens, and we squirm, wonder, look here and there.

“Be still.” Held tightly in his embrace, he carries us where we need to go. The turmoil around us does not shake the Father, whose head is lifted above in his wisdom, whose feet are planted in eternity past and under the foundations of the world. And we, close to his heart, held.

Comments

  1. Reading this days after you sent it out, but it still speaks volumes! Ruby Mae

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts