Encouragement from the Holy Spirit, my Indweller

 A collection of encouragements from various days….God has been good in encouraging me. 

“The one who calls you is faithful, and He will do it" (1 Thes. 5:24).
Today I’m feeling a little discouraged, like things are moving too slow. BUT….
I am called.
He is faithful.
HE WILL do it. Not me.
And He is faithful. Amen!!!!

“The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Cor. 10:4-5)
I wonder if Paul was thinking about Jericho when he wrote this…. I am seeing this world, the seen. I live in this world of tangibles. I’m looking at obstacles, thoughts, bondages, etc. in my life and in the lives of others that seem HUGE.
I’m sure Jericho looked HUGE. I’m sure Joshua could have made a battle plan according to what HE SAW of the obstacle (Jericho) and his resources (puny Israel).
But we don’t fight according to the world. Our weapons have divine power—not our power.
We have unseen power, unseen forces on our side. God is HUGER than my HUGE problems. And HE IS FOR ME.

“…being confident of this, that HE who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” (Phil. 1:6).
“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed DAY BY DAY. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all” (2 Cor. 4:15-17).
Because I’m not where I (emphasis on the “I”) want to be, it can seem that I’m just twiddling my thumbs.
But God has a purpose for me, for His creation, for His work—TODAY.
TODAY God is working in me, and is bringing me closer to reflecting His likeness and His glory.

“May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.” 2 Thes. 3:5
I am tired of having to walk by faith. I am just tired period.
But Christ had to persevere. Even he had to persevere.
And God will direct me into the same perseverance of Christ. I am following Him. And He has gone before, and He is with me.

Comments

Popular Posts