God's will for my life

"What is God's will for my life?" has got to be one of the chief questions of our lives...I am sure you have heard that all we need to know is in the Bible. True. Still, I tend to shoot back, whether consciously or unconsciously, "But what about the big picture of my life?" Perhaps there is too much emphasis on MY. I read Is. 26:8 the other day and made it my prayer:

"Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts" (Is. 26:8).

As I am praying about God's will for my life, this verse keeps coming to mind:

"For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life" (1 Thes. 4:7).
Holiness is God's will and call for my life. Which it could be nice, simple, straightforward, step A then step B sometimes....Then a friend posted this verse on Facebook, and the two in juxtaposition are powerful for me:

"For the LORD your God moves about in camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be HOLY, so that he will...not turn away from you" (Dt. 23:14).
It reminded me of the absolute, critical need to be HOLY before we can do ministry. Because it is only in the LORD's strength. And he is MOST HOLY GOD.

I also have been praying Ps. 57:2 a lot recently, in the context of he has specific plans for me:

"I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose for me."

But perhaps, reading it alongside of Phil. 1:6, there is a bigger purpose for me than something specific--go here and do that.

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

"For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His Son, that he might be the firstborn among many" (Rom. 8:29).



Comments

Popular Posts