Prayer Point: Teen Mothers in Honduras




The average age for a woman's first pregnancy is 15.3 years old.
Honduras has the highest rate of teen pregnancy in Central America.
53% of all births are nonmarital.

Prayer that she turns to the Lord and finds forgiveness in Christ. Without a right relationship with God, she can never have a right relationship with her children, the child's father, her family, etc.

"The LORD will again delight in you and make you prosperous, just as he delighted in your fathers, if you obey the LORD your God and keep his commands....and turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and soul" (Dt. 30:9b-10).

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn. 1:9).

Pray for her protection and provision as a young mother. Pray for a support system, and for a job so that she will not fall prey to risks or be forced to sell herself.

"'Because of the oppression of the weak and groaning of the needy, I will now arise,' says the LORD, 'I will protect them...'" (Ps. 12:5).

"Elijah said [to the widow], 'Don't be afraid...' She went away and did as Elijah said. So there was food every day...for the jar of flour was not used up and the jug of oil did not run dry, in keeping with the word of the LORD spoken by Elijah" (1 Kings 17).

Pray for her children: for their protection and upbringing; that she will know how to be a mother; for healthy role models; that generational sins will be broken. (Dt. 4:40, 5:29, 11:19).

"Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me. Teach me your way, O LORD" (Ps. 27:10-11).

"I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me for their own good and the good of their children after them. I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me. I will rejoice in doing them good and will assuredly plant them in this land with all my heart and soul" (Jer. 32:38-39).

Pray for the fathers, that they will be part of her life, for repentance leading to a healthy marriage centered around Christ.

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy....husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies" (Eph. 5:25-29).

Comments

Popular Posts