Preparation II & Itinerary

May 26th, 6 AM--Fly out of Grand Rapids to Honduras.
10:45 AM Honduras time (12:45 Michigan time)--Arrive in San Pedro Sula

May 27-June9th -- Helping out the Samaritan's Purse AIDS program in San Pedro Sula. These first couple of weeks may be the hardest, as it will be very warm, and just getting used to the culture and language, and I don't know what my schedule will be like.

June 9th--Lord willing, go to Siguatepeque, which will be home for the next 6 months.

Preparation Lesson 1: How do give a hug that lasts 6 months? I hate goodbyes. A lot of it is because I have struggled with accepting compliments, etc. I am learning to accept them. Thank you to all who have made me feel loved. It has been an incredible time of soaking in God's love demonstrated through others. It is a time of healing and building up.

"For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?" (1 Cor. 4:7).

Preparation Lesson 2: I also hate goodbyes because I don't know how to deal with my emotions. My past habit has been to stifle them and get task-oriented. But I want to feel them...This is part of what it means to be ALIVE.

Preparation Lesson 3: People are asking me if I am stressed...my lesson is that I can CHOOSE to be stressed or to recognize that I am blessed.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realsm with every spiritual blessing in Christ" (Eph. 1:3). 

Preparation Lesson 4: I am also asked if I am nervous...There is some nervousness, which is good as it makes me plan ahead to some degree. But I am focusing on my Lord. There is no place that I will go that my Lord has not been; there is no situation, emotion, or feeling that I will face that my Lord has not been in--we have a high priest who can sympathize with us. He will never leave me nor forsake me, but goes with me in each situation. He is above me, before me, behind me, in me, around me...He is ALL in ALL.

"God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" (Heb. 13:5-6).

I want to share this picture by Brian Jekel...A friend gave it to me on a card when I was in Romania. I looked at it every morning. First, it reminded me that Christ was interceding for me (Rom. 8:34; Heb. 7:25). Second, it reminded me of Christ's sufferings for me and for others. Thirdly, it reminded me that Christ does sympathize with us, because He has experienced all and more that I may.

Comments

Popular Posts