Rain...

I can't write for long right now, but we have been getting a lot, a lot, a lot of rain from Tropical Storm Agatha. It has caused much flooding in the southern part of the country, and Honduras is in a national emergency state. Agatha is the first storm, and even before the storm season typically starts. Typically, storms only get worse as the season goes on....Experts are worried about another Hurricane Mitch, which devastated the country in 1998. Many people are homeless right now; 8 people have died. Samaritan's Purse will be responding to it.

I have been reflecting on God's activity in our daily lives and his sustaining and common grace. I have seen him at work incredibly in my daily life. But sometimes, when I look at poverty, at the injustices in the world, I wonder where God is. I have some "pat" answers...but still....But I realized I also don't understand the depth of human evil and rebellion. We don't deserve to be alive. The fact we are is common grace. The fact that we did not get all wiped out during Noah's flood is common grace. The fact that God restrains evil, that he restrains the floods, is his grace.

He holds us in his hands, and he commands the rain.

Comments

Popular Posts